Of the 10 most dangerous stretches of road in Michigan, six are in Metro Detroit and the majority are in Detroit.
The new list was compiled by Money Geek, a financial advice site that analyzed 2,751 fatal crashes, including those involving bikers and pedestrians, from 2017-19. About 30 percent were the result of drunk driving and only 5 percent were due to winter conditions.
The stretches of road analyzed are up to five miles long.
The Metro Detroit list:
- Gratiot Avenue beween East Grand Boulevard and 7 Mile Road in Detroit.
- I-75 between I-94 and I-96 in Detroit.
- Telegraph Road between Grand River and Joy Road, which includes Dearborn Heights, Redford Township and Detroit.
- I-94 between Viking Road and Telegraph Road, near Detroit Metro Airport.
- East Davison Street between Conant and I-96 in Detroit.
- 7 Mile Road between Telegraph Road and John C. Lodge Freeway in Detroit.